I got a tiny bit of sleep Tuesday night (maybe 20 minutes?) and actually had a dream. I think I did do a few catnaps here and there throughout the night, too. I have a nest in the middle of the floor with my pillows and two quilts, including my DBZ quilt. Sleeping with the monkeys...
I fumbled and took too much Pred at lunch so I had to add a day to my taper schedule. STUPID ONNA!
A few hours after telling doctor_terry I thought I was doing okay so she didn't have to drive all the way over here, I regretted it, feeling overwhelmed again. Especially since I was SO FUCKING TIRED I had to lie down a lot after doing just a little work. I was so tragic throughout the day - sitting there and just suddenly breaking into tears for a minute because I didn't get much done at all. I needed to do so much more and my body was betraying me since it's not hyped on its Pred high. I guess I didn't realize how much I needed someone with me each day to help keep me motivated and working toward the final goal - more like someone to lean on and keep me focused.
I made another BAD JUDGEMENT, which is typical for me lately.
Maintenance came in and fixed the heater, though the original fix he tried didn't work and he had to try something else. Eventually everything worked - yay! We have heat that will turn off again! Yes, I gave him a hug as thanks. I'm not burning bridges, especially if we can't get a house and have to continue living here for another year. Though the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to evict us (again) for having all the boxes piled in that one room. We'll just have an 'unpack party' and invite the doll people over to help us put stuff up on the shelves. All the boxes are labeled so it won't be a problem getting things where they need to go quickly. I just don't want to unpack here - I want to unpack in a new house all our own and be able to invite people over for meetups and have ROOM to spread out and areas with absolutely nothing in them. Naturally, I DON'T want the bills and the maintenance and all the things that will eventually break, like the central heat/air (and who do I call for those things now that we don't have an apt maintenance crew?) or the plumbing or EVERYTHING.
mmc_ningyouai's energy last night helped revitalize me and we got Nana's Depression glass wrapped and ready for the move. And she just sat with me for a few minutes as I once again had to put my back down and let me hold her hand while I cried and felt useless, stupid and weak. Sweetie, you don't know HOW much that helped me - THANK YOU for your support, help and love. *starts crying again*
It's down to the rest of the media room (rat's domain), a lot of little bits of things, plus the bathrooms and pre-organizing everything so the bruisers coming in Friday evening have a clear path to get things out of here. After the bruisers leave Friday evening we will start moving the essential stuff over until we get too tired to do any more.
Talked to some of the neighbors last night. Candace and John are the retired couple who live under Charlie. They've been here for eight years. Eliot showed up a little later and we all stood around and chatted for quite a while. We all discussed how the place has gone downhill over the past few years and I told them stories about how it was when we moved in here 23 years ago. Gone are those wonderful days. I suggested we all needed to band together to take care of each other since management won't and we all agreed.
Then it got too cold for the couple and they went in. Eliot and I chatted for a bit longer. I found out he has had a job for six months! We didn't know that! He didn't realize we were moving and he feels sincerely bad this is happening and offered up his help in the move. I told him that they were completely innocent of the current situation and to not feel bad about it - it's the building construction that is at fault. Our downstairs neighbors are NICE people who smoke outside - the smoke should NOT be coming into building, into the spaces between the walls and dump into our apartment. We both thought about it and think the smoke is being sucked in from the vents outside and lurking in the walls. His mom has been complaining about the cold air coming in those vents and wants them covered up but management won't do it, though it's probably a building code thing. But it makes sense that if the cold air is coming in their place through those vents, so is the smoke. Eliot told me about their high heating bill and I wondered about his mom, Debbie's health since she is cold-natured to the extreme. The poor woman is always bundled up to the nines.
I got three cycles of one-hour sleep last night. It's getting better.
I watched them put in a new oven yesterday. It's not a nice Kenmore like we currently have but a cheap-style GE. And it doesn't have a straight ledge along the back of the oven so we're losing our built-in shelf the Kenmore has. At least it's new. Will have to figure out a way to get a shelf over that part. I know places like Lillian Vernon sell things like that because I've seen them in their catalog, so I'll start looking later. Or we'll get some wood and build something quickly.
The weather is starting to act up a little... I'm concerned it will stop people from coming to help.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*